This ritual will grant every player who reached level 46 the possibility to create a reincarnation of their current character, after they have mastered the lessons given by Klavdia Kalugina on the Isle of Revelations in the Cave of Tka Rik.
Your incarnation and your ascendant might not share the same body, race, class or gender but they can share a lot of other useful items and subjects, which will help your incarnation to progress faster.
Like we've already said, we have shown you a glimpse of the Third Astral Layer, but now its time to get into the nuts and bolts of the all new system that will add a whole new element to your Sarnautian adventures:
Once you have reached level 46 with your main character you will be able to unlock the rebirth system and give yourself an alt that is fully linked to your main character. It won't be easy, as you will have to pass a series of tests in the Cave of Tka Rik that will allow you to do so, but once you have achieved this your ascendant and incarnation will share all of these items:
any item you acquire from the Boutique
all bonuses gained from items that come from Radiant Strongboxes
your mounts (including mount feed)
your patron and its active blessing
your astral ship
So if you have taken some elixirs of luck, for example, and put them in to your Admiral's Haversack on your main Level 46 character than your new reincarnated character will not only share the same Admiral's Haversack, but will also be able to use the elixirs! Very lucky indeed! Now here's how you go through the re-birthing system.
Once your character has reached level 46 it is time to take another trip to the Isle of Revelations, for this will not only be the setting of your character learning some truths about Sarnaut, but it will also start the process that will ultimately give you new abilities. You do this by finding Veronika Gipitskaya in the Director's Citadel and performing tasks for her to prepare you for the Reincarnation Ritual. Be advised that these tasks will involve such things as you returning to the Cave of Tka Rik to complete ten trials of endurance and also features a test whereby you poison yourself before attempting to defeat demons and Tep Cultists alike! In other words, it's not for the faint hearted!
Once you have accomplished this you can choose your incarnation by simply visiting your faction's Reincarnation Master.
Visit Mara de Doucer in Novograd or Sarang Bisanu in Nezebgrad, where they will offer you the choices of:
Switching between your ascendant and your incarnation.
Create your incarnation.
Deleting your incarnation.
Learn a shared ability from your ascendant or your incarnation.
Choose to play with the Reincarnated effect or play without Reincarnated effect.
When you choose to create an incarnation you’ll be automatically taken to a special character creation screen. Here you can choose between the different races of your faction and see what is available for your incarnation. Not only that but when you hover over a class it will show you the abilities you will gain, for both your incarnation and your progenitor. From the above screenshot, my main character is a Mage, and so when I look at possibly choosing a Champion for my incarnation it shows me what I will gain:
Here's a useful guide to all the abilities available for your characters:
1. Bee Swarm - Summons a swarm of bees that inflict damage over 5 seconds and cause the target to flee in terror. Cooldown Duration: 1 minute 35 seconds.
2. Natural Balance - Evenly distributes the health of all of your party members between each member. Cooldown Duration: 3 minutes.
1. Stone Barrier - Surrounds you with 7 stone barriers for 15 minutes that absorb physical damage. Cooldown Duration: 45 seconds.
2. Elemental Shield - Surrounds you with 5 magical shields for 15 minutes that absorb Fire, Frost, Lightning, Acid, Holy, Shadow, or Astral damage. Cooldown Duration: 45 seconds.
1. Howl of Death - Inflicts damage and decreases the target's movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds. Cooldown Duration: 30 seconds.
2. Fear - Causes the target to flee in terror for 6 seconds. Cooldown Duration: 45 seconds.
1. Strike of Justice - Causes you to rush to the target and inflict damage. Stuns the target for 2 seconds, making them unable to move or use abilities. Cooldown Duration: 20 seconds.
2. Vengeance - Increases your damage dealt for 20 seconds or for the next 10 spells when a party member dies. Cooldown Duration: None.
1. Divine Foresight - Places an enchantment on a friendly target that heals the target when the target's health drops below 35%. Only 1 target can be affected by the Divine Foresight effect at a time. Cooldown Duration: 3 minutes.
2. Holy Shield - Surrounds you with a holy shield that makes you immune to all damage for 6 seconds. Makes you unable to use spells that require a weapon to be equipped. Cooldown Duration: 5 minutes.
1. Telekinetic Pull - Draws all enemies within a 20 yard radius to the chosen location. Knocks the enemies down and has a 30% chance to stun them for 2 seconds. Cooldown Duration: 1 minute.
2. Choke - Channels negative energy that inflicts damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds and decreases the target's movement speed by 50%. Makes the target unable to cast spells for 5 seconds after Choke successfully finishes. Cooldown Duration: 24 seconds.
1. Sprint - Increases your movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds. Decreases your movement speed by 25% for 3 seconds when the Sprint effect fades. Cooldown Duration: 1 minute.
2. Recoil - Allows you to jump back 20 yards and stun the target for 2 seconds, making them unable to move or use abilities. Cooldown Duration: 30 seconds.
1. Terrorize - Makes the target unable to move or cast offensive spells for 8 seconds. Cooldown Duration: 2 minutes.
2. Charge - Causes you to rush to the target and inflict damage. Causes the target to be unable to move or cast offensive spells for 2 seconds. Cooldown Duration: 30 seconds.
Once you create an incarnation you will see a Reincarnation screen, detailing your Ascendant and Incarnation's names and level. Here you can switch between characters, when you do for the first time you will be taken back to the Nezebgrad Sewers or to Evermeet Isle.
Those that wish to be known as their Ascendant's incarnation can simply proceed from here and tell the world that they are linked to your main character. Those that don't can simply check a box that will allow their incarnation to remain anonymous. Remember that those you may have terrorised on Asee Teph in the past could be waiting for your incarnation when it reaches there!
You can also delete your incarnation at any time and create a new one. Be advised that this deletion is permanent however, and that there will be no way for GMs to revive your incarnation once deleted. So if you've fallen out of love with your incarnation and decide to delete make sure you that you are 100% behind this decision.
Levelling as your incarnation will be a bit different, and also some bit tougher, than you remember. Incarnations will only be able to gain experience when they are affected by the Reincarnated effect. This effect will decrease your damage dealt and healing done by 33% and decrease your experience earned for your current level by 10% when you die.
Incarnations can visit the Reincarnation Master to remove this effect, allowing them to be more effective in combat but preventing them from earning any experience.
Removing it could be useful when fighting the opposing faction on Asee Teph or running through instances with a party. Remember to turn it back on when you return to levelling up however!